Effective as of May 25, 2018
- “Platform” refers, collectively, to the Zype SaaS platform, the Website, the Services, and any and all other technology through which Zype provides the Services.
- “Providers” are the third party content providers who are licensed by Zype to stream content on or through the Platform.
- “Services” refers to the video streaming, searching, and management capabilities provided on or through the Platform.
- “Users” means any and all persons that access or use the Platform. References to “access” and/or “use” of the Platform (and any variations thereof) include the acts of accessing or browsing the Website, and accessing or using the Services.
- “Website” refers to any website owned or operated by Zype (including the website currently located at www.zype.com), through which access to the Services is available. References to the “Website” include any and all features, functionality, tools and content available on or through each such website.
- “Your Content” refers to User Content that is provided or made available or caused to be made available by you.
Collection of your Personal Information
Information you Provide to Us
Zype may collect personally identifiable information that you provide directly to us, including when you register for an account, use the Services, respond to a survey or provide other feedback about the Platform, or contact us with questions or comments about the Platform.
We will not ask for or request sensitive information such as government identifiers, medical information, or financial information. Please do not provide this information to us through e-mails, feedback forms or in any other way unless specifically requested.
Information Generated from Use of the Platform
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by Zype. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Zype website.
Zype may keep track of the websites and pages our Users visit within Zype, in order to determine what Zype services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Zype to Users whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Information from Other Sources
We may receive certain information about you from the organizations or entities on behalf of which we provide the Services to you and/or on behalf of which you access or use the Platform, such as Providers. We may also supplement the technical information we collect from your use of the Platform with information collected by third parties. Such third parties may include service providers, such as Salesforce.com, Inc. and Google Inc., advertising partners, and ad networks that help us understand our Users and provide better service to our Users.
Use of your Personal Information
Some of the information we collect through your use of our Platform or communications with us may personally identify you (“Personal Information”). The types of Personal Information you may submit in connection with use of the Service include:
- contact information (such as name, and email address);
- account passwords for the Platform;
- payment card information and other billing information (such as card number, cardholder name, expiration date and card verification code) associated with your account;
- date of birth;
- gender; and
- geographic location.
Other data derived from your use of the Platform is treated as “Non-Personal Information,” unless it is combined with Personal Information, or unless otherwise required by applicable law.
We may use the Personal Information we collect, to:
- create and manage your account;
- operate the Platform and deliver the Services you have requested;
- inform you of other products or services available from Zype and its affiliates;
- contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current Services or of potential new services that may be offered;
- contact you about activity on your account;
- generate reporting regarding the use of our Platform by Users;
- respond to your requests, feedback or inquiries;
- notify you about updates, information, or alerts regarding our Platform;
- comply with laws, regulations, and other legal requirements;
- comply with relevant industry standards and our policies;
- protect and enforce our rights and the rights of other Users against unlawful activity, including identity theft and fraud, and other violations of our Terms of Service;
- protect and enforce our rights arising under any agreements entered into between you and us, including billing and collection;
- protect the integrity and maintain the security of our Platform, including secured areas of the Platform;
- as described in any notice provided at the time you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose for which you may provide consent.
In addition to the uses described above, we may also use Non-Personal Information to:
- deliver content (including advertising) tailored to your interests and the manner in which you use our Website;
- present content in a manner that is optimized for your device; and
- measure and analyze the effectiveness of advertising we serve you.
We may also combine technical information, or Non-Personal Information, about your use of our Platform with information that we obtain from other Users to use in an aggregate or anonymous manner for similar purposes.
How Information May Be Shared
Zype does not sell, rent or lease its User lists to third parties. We will not sell or share your Personal Information with third parties for the third party’s own direct marketing purposes without your express consent. However, please note that if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement on our Platform, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria, even though we have not shared your Personal Information.
We may share Personal Information with:
- trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries (all such third parties are prohibited from using your Personal Information except to provide these services to Zype, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information);
- the organizations or entities on behalf of which we are providing the Platform to you and/or on behalf of which you access or use the Platform;
- our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, liquidation, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our Users is among the assets transferred;
- other third parties with your express consent for any purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- you, upon your written request.
Zype will also disclose your Personal Information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Zype or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Zype; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Users of Zype, or the public.
Notice to California Residents / Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may contact email@example.com to request information regarding whether and/or how we share Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes and/or to request that such information not be shared with third parties for such purposes. California Civil Code permits California residents to request that we not share their Personal Information with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third parties.
In addition, we may share Non-Personal Information, including aggregated or anonymized data:
- to our Providers about how our Users use our Platform, so that our Providers may also understand how often people use their services and our Platform;
- with analytics, search engine, or other service providers that help us improve our Platform;
- to report to our affiliates, licensors and service providers, advertising partners and ad networks about the use of various aspects of the Platform; and
- to advertisers and advertising networks to select and serve relevant advertisements.
The Zype website may use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Zype pages, or register with Zype site or services, a cookie helps Zype to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your Personal Information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Zype website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Zype features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Zype services or websites you visit.
In addition, third parties that are unaffiliated with us may also collect information about you, including tracking your browsing history, when you use our Platform. We do not have control over these third party collection practices. If you wish to minimize these third-party collections, you can adjust the settings of your browsers or install plug-ins and add-ins.
We offer you certain choices in connection with the information we collect from you.
You may have the opportunity to receive certain communications from us related to our Platform. We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving announcements of certain information. Users may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from Zype by contacting us here:
– Web page: http://www.zype.com/#contact
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Phone: 908-360-1000
Please note that certain e-mails may be necessary for the operation of our Platform. You will continue to receive these e-mails, if appropriate, even if you unsubscribe from our optional communications.
If you wish to minimize information collected by cookie or beacon, you can adjust the settings of your browsers to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it. You can also set your browser to automatically reject any cookies. You may also be able to install plug-ins and add-ins that serve similar functions. However, please be aware that some features and services on our Platform may not work properly if we are not able to recognize and associate you with your account. In addition, the offers we provide when you visit us may not be as relevant to you or tailored to your interests.
Network Advertising Initiative
Certain websites you visit may provide options regarding advertisements you receive. If you wish to minimize the amount of targeted advertising you receive, you can opt out of certain network advertising programs through the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) Opt–Out Page. Please note that even if you choose to remove your information (opt out) you will still see advertisements while you’re browsing online. However the advertisements you see may be less relevant to you. For more information or to opt out of certain online behavioral advertising, please visit http://www.aboutads.info.
Additionally, many advertising network programs allow you to view and manage the interest categories that they have compiled from your online browsing activities. These interest categories help determine the types of targeted advertisements you may receive. The NAI Opt–Out Page provides a tool that identifies its member companies that have cookies on your browser and provides links to those companies.
Do Not Track
Some browsers support a “Do Not Track” (or, DNT) feature, a privacy preference that Users can set in certain web browsers, which is intended to be a signal to websites and services that you do not wish to be tracked across different websites or online services you visit. Our Platform does not currently recognize or respond to DNT signals, so DNT settings do not change the way the Platform operates.
Please note that we cannot control how third party websites or online services you visit through our Platform respond to Do Not Track signals. Check the privacy policies of those third parties for information on their privacy practices.
Updating or Deleting Information
The accuracy of the information we have about you is very important. Users may update their information at any time by contacting us at email@example.com .
Security of your Personal Information
Zype secures your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We have established administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect your Personal Information against unauthorized alteration, access, loss, theft, use or disclosure. Unfortunately, no system can guarantee complete security of your information. As a result, Zype cannot ensure or warrant that your information, including your Personal Information, is secure from unauthorized third parties. Thus, your use of the Platform and communication with us about the Platform is at your own risk.
You are responsible for protecting your User ID/username, and password(s) and for the security of information that you transmit to us over the internet.
Children Under Thirteen
Zype does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website. If we discover that we have collected any Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will suspend the associated account and remove that information from our database as soon as possible.
Disconnecting your Zype Account from Third Party Websites
You will be able to connect your Zype account to third party accounts. BY CONNECTING YOUR ZYPE ACCOUNT TO YOUR THIRD PARTY ACCOUNT, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE CONSENTING TO THE CONTINUOUS RELEASE OF INFORMATION ABOUT YOU TO OTHERS (IN ACCORDANCE WITH YOUR PRIVACY SETTINGS ON THOSE THIRD PARTY SITES). IF YOU DO NOT WANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU, INCLUDING PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION, TO BE SHARED IN THIS MANNER, DO NOT USE THE THIS FEATURE. You may disconnect your account from a third party account at any time.
Links To Third Party Websites
Changes to this Statement
145 W28th Street
New York NY 10001