Email is a critical marketing tool for any video business. Not only is it one of the most effective channels to drive new paid subscriptions, it’s also key to engaging and retaining your current subscribers.
You may have heard that you can now connect Zype with Zapier, but did you know that you can use this integration to automate email distribution to your consumers?
Wait.. What’s Zapier?
Zapier is a nifty online automation tool that connects the apps you use every day like Gmail and Mailchimp. It works by setting up triggers that automate repetitive tasks between two or more apps. For example, when a consumer signs up on your website, it could automatically add them to your email marketing list in Mailchimp and send them a “welcome” email.
Zapier is super powerful because it’s compatible with all different types of apps. We’ll show you how you can use it to connect Zype to your email service, but there’s a lot more that you can do.
You are busy running your video business. Syncing your email marketing with Zype and Zapier will help you accomplish more, in less time and with less effort. Voilà, you have more time and energy to spend on the stuff that really matters, creating and distributing awesome content for your audience.
Here are a couple ways you can streamline your email marketing with Zype’s Zapier integration:
- Automatically sync new consumers and subscribers in Zype with your email distribution list
- When a new subscriber signs up, automatically send a welcome email
- When a consumer makes a purchase, trigger a “thank you” email
- When a consumer signs up for a trial, trigger a series of emails designed to convert them into paid subscribers
- If a consumer “abandons cart”, trigger a series of emails and offers to capture their purchase
- When a subscriber cancels, trigger a “sorry to see you go” email with a special offer to reactivate their subscription
We’ll use MailChimp as an example, but whatever email tool you’re currently using, it’s likely that Zapier has an app for it. Zapier connects to all sorts of different email apps including Constant Contact, MailerLite, GetResponse and many more.
Now, Let’s Create a Zap for That…
A Zap is a link between two apps on Zapier made of a trigger and corresponding action. When the trigger event happens, Zapier automatically makes the action happen.
Currently, you can select from the following zap triggers from the Zype platform:
- New consumer is created
- Consumer is deleted
- New subscription is purchased
- Subscription is canceled
- New transaction is purchased
Stay tuned, because we’re still in beta and we’ll be adding even more Zapier triggers for Zype soon.
Get Started: Create A Zapier Account
The first step is to create a Zapier account. If you’re not already using Zype, you can schedule a demo to get started.
Now, create your free Zapier account by going to their website and entering some basic info. With a free account, you can create five Zaps (or connections between apps). If you need more power, you can upgrade to a paid account.
Once you have your Zapier account ready to go, you’ll need to request access to the Zapier webhook key on Zype’s Integrations page. If you are a network or premium user, you’ll automatically have access, but we’ll get back to you shortly to confirm your access to Zapier either way. You can find the full instructions to unlocking your Zapier webhook key in the help center.
Once you have your webhook key, you’re ready to start connecting Zype to all your other apps by creating your first zap. Click here to go to Zype’s app in Zapier.
It’s time to experiment building Zaps of your own! To get started, follow our support doc that shows you how to add new consumers to a mailing list in your email marketing software (like MailChimp) every time a consumer is added to your Zype account. The possibilities are endless!
One thing is certain, email automation is an essential tool for your video business, whether you are:
- Re-engaging inactive subscribers that are at risk of canceling their subscription
- Wooing back subscribers that have canceled
- Welcoming new subscribers
- Reminding trialing customers to purchase a subscription
- Recapturing consumers that "abandoned cart"
- Keeping your email subscribers informed of your new and upcoming content
Zype + Zapier makes staying in touch with your consumers easy, painless and automatic! As a result, you'll have more customers that stay longer because they're happy with your video content and streaming service.